Mountain flight is the breathtaking experience of snow-covered Himalayas for a captivating encounter of the highest peaks in Nepal via aircraft. For many years people sought the easiest way to view mountains in very limited time for those who are restricted by their schedule to go trekking. There are flights that offer the mouth-watering panoramic encounter of the highest peaks in Nepal.
Nepal is blessed with eight of the highest fourteen peaks in the world. Despite the gifts of nature, we have not been able to utilize them because of geographical difficulties. Mountain flights offer easier access to reach remote destinations by air. Such flights take nearly an hour at the most for viewers.
Currently, there are four different companies that offer mountain flights on a regular basis:
- Shree Airlines
- Yeti Airlines
- Tara Airlines
- Buddha Airlines
Kathmandu Mountain Flights Time
Daily flights are operated from Kathmandu to the Himalayan Range in Kathmandu's northern and eastern regions. All four airlines provide regular flights in normal weather for almost one hour.
Mountain Flight Schedule Details
|Nepal Airlines||First Flight||Second Flight|
|Flight Time||Arrival Time|
Views Of Mountain From Moutain Flight
Airlines provide spectacular viewpoints of many tall mountains within an hour to make the flight eye-soothing and memorable. The major mountains that can be viewed from the closest distance during the flights are:
- MT. NUPTSE(7879m)
- MT. LHOTSE(8501m)
- MT. CHO-OYU(8000m)
- MT. MAKALU(8475m)
- MT KANCHENJUNGA(8584m)
- MT EVEREST(8850m)
Mountain Flight Price in Nepal 2022
Fares for mountain flights are quite reasonable if we put the hindsight of multiple mountains in perspective. The one-hour flight from Kathmandu to the closest view from the mountains and arrival back to Kathmandu is quite a journey within an hour. The prices vary for people of different nationalities but are the same for every flight available.
|Nationality||Base fare(NPR)||Base fare ( U.S.D )|
Experience & Benefits From Mountain Flight
- You can enjoy the majestic grandeur of the highest peaks in Nepal.
- A lifetime experience of a closer view of Mt. Everest.
- Lifetime experience without having to trek for multiple days.
- Timesaving and affordable experience.
- One of the safe and trusted airlines' services
- Handful sights of other mountains, woods, cities, and villages from the top.
Mountain Flight Nepal Tour Highlights
- Fly over the most astounding mountains of Nepal, including the highest peak in the world, Mt. Everest.
- Guaranteed window seat for the most scintillating view of mountains.
- The experience of modern services with breakfast and drinks on the flight.
- Wheelchair services are available to make accessible to specially-abled passengers.
- Cancellation and date changes are also available according to airline policy.
Mountain Flight Itinerary Details
5:30 AM: Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the airport:
6:15 AM: Scenic Mountain Flight:
7:15 AM: Drive back to the hotel:
Flight Tour Inclusions
- One hour-long flight over the mountains.
- Government-registered tour guide.
- Private transportation from hotel to airport and vice versa.
- Government and airport taxes.
Flight Tour Exclusions
- Meals & Beverages
- Personal Expenses
- Nepal Visa
- Travel insurance
FAQs Nepal Mountain Flight?
1) How many mountains can I see from a flight tour?
You can see the view of 8 mountains, including some of the highest peaks in the world.
2) Is the Everest sightseeing flights too risky?
The flights are performed by experienced pilots and crew members, so there should not be any risks to sitting in the flight.
3) What is the best time & season for mountain flights in Nepal?
Except for the rainy season- June, July & August all the month's March, April, May, September, October, November, and December are the best month. And the best time is early in the morning when the mountain peaks view can be seen clearly.
4) Which are the major peaks in Nepal one can view from the mountain flights or Everest flight?
Mount Everest (8,848 m from 5 nautical miles close), Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7855m), Amadablam (6812m), Chamlang (7319m), Makalu (8463m), Gauri Shankar (7134m), Langtang Lirung (7234m), Annapurna (8,091m), Manasalu (8,136m), Ganesh (7,429m), Kanchenjunga (8,586) and other more small peaks.
5) From where do the mountain flights operate?
6) Can I cancel the mountain flight or can change the date once booked, do I get a refund?
You will get a full refund amount in case of flight cancellation because of bad weather, low visibility, any technical problem, or any other problem by side of Airlines. But a 10% charge will be deducted if canceled by the passengers themself within 24 hrs. Date change is possible. If we get informed prior 24 hrs for date change, in that case, if the date is available as per the mentioned we can do that free of cost.
7) Can I join some more tours with a Mountain flight?
Definitely yes, one can join our best-selling Nepal tours along with the mountain flight.
8) How to Book the Mountain Flight Ticket from Regulus Treks & Expedition Pvt Ltd
Regulus operates online booking for mountain flights booking, you can directly book your flight ticket for a Mountain flight either by direct contact at +977-9840092663 (Mobile and Viber) or either inquiry at [email protected] with your details or you can directly book from our website.